The Office of the State Treasurer's Internship and Fellowship program allows students to participate in many aspects of public policy and to assist staff in some operational responsibilities. We encourage our interns to pursue areas and projects of interest.
While this is an unpaid internship, students will learn valuable skills and can potentially earn academic credit.
Internship and fellowship applications for the Fall semester are due on August 16. To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Emma Stutzman at email@example.com.
Responsibilities may include:
- Researching issue areas and providing memos on policy updates and recent news events
- Providing research assistance
- Assisting with constituent correspondence
- Supporting communications and social media efforts
- Organizing and updating constituent contacts
- Assisting in general office duties
- Providing information and technology support
- Experience with college-level research and writing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional office etiquette
- Ability to multitask and work independently and cooperatively
- Proficiency in computer skills and research
- Reliable and prompt
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete projects efficiently